Subject: ELA (English Language Arts)
Lesson Length: 30 mins
Topic: Frequently Confused Words To/Too/Two
Grade Level: 4
Objective: Analysis, Explanation
Brief Description: Students will correctly use the frequently confused words to/too/two.
Know Before You Start: Students often struggle writing the correct form of the frequently used words to, too, and two. This lesson will help clarify common misuse of these words.
- Read and discuss Comic #1, illustrating how to use to, too, and two.
- Ask students to discuss with a partner the meaning of to/too/two as demonstrated in each panel.
- Model how to correctly use each form of the word to/too/two in writing.
- Have students read Comic #2 and decide what form of to/too/two should be included in each panel. This can be done out loud or on a separate piece of paper.
- Have Students create their own 3 panel comics demonstrating their understanding of how to use the correct form of to/too/two.
Closure: Have students share their comics with one another, and encourage them to use the correct form of to/too/two in their own writing.