Subject: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
Lesson Length: 30 - 40 mins
Topic: STEM Components and Careers
Brief Description: In this lesson students will explore a STEM career that interests them.
Know Before You Start: Students should be familiar with the components of STEM; science, technology, engineering, math.
- Read and discuss the comic about STEM-relate careers.
- Do any of the careers in the comic look interesting?
- What are some other STEM careers?
Ask students to research a STEM-related career that they find interesting.
As a class or with a partner, have students discuss how their chosen career relates to STEM.
Have students create a four-panel comic including the following information:
How that career relates to STEM
Skills that would be important to have for this career
Why they chose this career
- Have students share their comics with a partner who chose a career that relates to the same aspect of STEM.
- Allow students to use the speech-to-text feature.
- Allow students to use the voiceover feature to read their comics aloud.
Assign students a specific STEM career.
Provide sentence frames for student comic.