Subject: World Languages
Lesson Length: 30 - 45 mins
Grade Level: 10, 7, 8, 9
Standards / Framework:
Brief Description: Students will practice the skills being learned in class by creating I-statements in the target language.
Know Before You Start: This lesson provides a great opportunity to practice communicating with a classmate. The sample comic is created in Spanish, but this lesson may be applied to any language.
Pretend that you are a talk show host. Call students “on stage” to be interviewed. Ask questions such as:
What is your name?
What do you like and dislike?
Who is your best friend?
- What is your greatest strength?
Read and discuss the sample comic (Spanish class only.)
Have students interview each other.
- Have students create a comic based on the classmate they interviewed. The comic should:
- Include their partner's name
- Describe their partner's
- Likes and Dislikes
- Have students show their finished comics and read them aloud.
- Create a gallery walk to display students' comics.
- Allow students to use speech-to-text feature.
- Allow students to work in pairs or groups as needed.
- Provide a printout of the sample comic for student reference.