Lesson Length: 20 - 30 mins
Topic: Solving Word Problems With Division
Grade Level: 3
Standards / Framework:
Brief Description: Students will solidify their understanding of division while creating a word problem comic.
Know Before You Start: Students should have an understanding of how division is used in daily life. Have a list of division problems that students can pick from to create their comic.
- Read and discuss the sample comic.
- How did Mrs. Broome know which operation to use?
- Were there any key words that helped?
Assign students a division problem and have them create a comic to demonstrate their understanding.
The comic should depict a real life problem requiring division and a solution.
- As a class or in small groups, have students share and discuss their word problem comics.
Allow students to use the speech-to-text feature as needed.
- Allow students to use the voiceover feature to read their comics aloud.
- Allow students to work with a partner as needed.
Provide examples of real-life situations for students to choose from.
Provide a list of keywords students can use in their comic.