Subject: ELA (English Language Arts)
Lesson Length: 45 mins
Topic: Cause and Effect
Grade Level: 5
Standards / Framework:
Brief Description: Students will review cause and effect while learning about ways to take care of the environment.
Know Before You Start: Students should have an understanding of cause and effect.
- Read and discuss the sample comic.
- What are some of the causes of global warming?
- What are some of the effects?
- What can we do to help?
Using the sample comic as a guide, have students create a comic which highlights some of the things we can all do to help preserve the environment and Earth's health.
Allow students time to research the topic before they begin.
- Have students share their comics with the class or a partner.
- Allow students to use the speech-to-text feature.
- Allow students to work in pairs or groups as needed.
- Print the sample comic for student reference.
- Comic to print or display: Comic.
Suggested Content Packs:
Suggested Story Starters: