Subject: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
Lesson Length: 15 - 30 mins
Topic: STEM Challenges
Grade Level: 4, 5, 6, 7
Standards / Framework:
Brief Description: In this lesson, students can reflect after completing a STEM challenge to show their thought process and reflect upon the results.
Know Before You Start: This reflection can be used after any STEM challenge.
Hook: Summarize the problem you were faced with in your STEM challenge.
Activity: Students will create a five-to-seven-panel comic to reflect on the planning process and success of any STEM challenge:
- Describe the problem.
- What is your plan?
- What materials did you use?
- What was successful?
- What would you change for next time?
Closure: Students will share the outcome of their challenge with another peer or small group.
- Provide visuals, or take pictures of each step for student reference.
- Allow students to use the speech-to-text feature as needed.
- Display the sample comic during reflection time.