Subject: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
Lesson Length: 30 - 40 mins
Topic: Digital Citizenship
Grade Level: 4, 5
Standards / Framework:
Brief Description: In this lesson, students will explain how they can make a safe choice when faced with a tricky situation online.
Know Before You Start: This lesson offers a great springboard to familiarize students with ways to stay safe online.
- Read and discuss the sample comic.
- What was wrong and dangerous about what the character did when faced with a tricky situation?
- Brainstorm ways to stay safe online.
- Have students create a two-to-three-panel comic showing what the character should have done when faced with that tricky situation.
- Have students share their comics with the class or in small groups.
- Allow students to use the speech-to-text feature.
- Allow students to work in pairs or groups as needed.
- Comic to print or display
Suggested Content Packs: