Subject: World Languages
Lesson Length: 45 - 60 mins
Topic: Conversational Vocabulary
Grade Level: 7, 8, 9
Standards / Framework:
Brief Description: Students will create a comic taking the reader through a typical day in their life.
Know Before You Start: Students should have some knowledge of greetings and basic conversational vocabulary in the target language.
Read and discuss the sample comic. Ask questions about the comic in the target language:
What are some of the things the main character does during the day?
Do you do any of these things as well?
Which activities seem fun?
Which do not?
Have students pair up and discuss their daily lives in the target language.
- Using the sample comic as a guide, have students create a four-to-five-panel comic describing their daily lives in the target language.
- Have students show their finished comics and read them aloud.
- Allow students to use speech-to-text feature.
- Allow students to work in pairs or groups as needed.
- Provide a printed copy of the sample comic.