Subject: World Languages
Lesson Length: 30 - 45 mins
Grade Level: 7, 8, 9
Standards / Framework:
Brief Description: Students will practice vocabulary through the creation of a "Places in the House” comic.
Know Before You Start: This lesson works as a review or introductory lesson in the target language.
- Read the sample comic. Discuss the comic in the target language. Some students may not yet have the ability to respond in the target language. If not, have them answer in English while you respond in the other language.
- Continue the discussion by asking students what their favorite room is, in their house or in a house they’ve visited.
- What type of room is it?
- What furniture or items are in the room?
- Why is it their favorite?
- As they answer, respond by focusing on relevant vocabulary.
Introduce relevant vocabulary such as name of rooms, furniture, and items in rooms.
Have students create a comic describing their favorite room using the target language.
Students may add panels to describe other rooms.
- Have students show their finished comics and read them aloud.
- Allow students to use the speech-to-text feature.
- Allow students to work in pairs or groups as needed.
- Provide printout of the sample comic for student reference.