Subject: World Languages
Lesson Length: 30 mins - 1 hour
Topic: Greetings in a Target Language
Grade Level: 1, 10, 11, 12, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Standards / Framework:
Brief Description: This comic will introduce students to basic greetings and how to use the Input Method Editor (keyboard) of the target language.
Know Before You Start: This comic uses a “4th wall breaking” technique to keep the students immersed in the target language while delivering instructions.
- Ask students to describe some of the things they might say to someone they're meeting for the first time.
- Give students the sample comic and have them reply with proper greetings.
- Have students create a comic in which they show two or more people introducing themselves and responding properly.
- Ask students to share with a partner for feedback before submitting.
- Have students show their finished comics and read them aloud.
- Create a gallery walk, or have students present to the class.
- Allow students to use speech-to-text feature.
Allow students to work in pairs or groups as needed.
Provide a word bank to students.