Subject: ESL/ELL (English Language Learning)
Lesson Length: 30 - 45 mins
Topic: Greetings and Introductions
Grade Level: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Standards / Framework:
Brief Description: Students will practice formal and informal phrases for greetings, making introductions, polite conversation, and saying goodbye.
Know Before You Start: Students should have prior knowledge of basic introductions and greetings in English.
- How do you introduce yourself?
- Role play with students to get them familiar with basic greetings and introductions in English.
- Have students create a comic with two characters greeting each other and introducing themselves.
- Have students share their comics aloud with their group.
- Allow students to use the speech-to-text feature.
Allow students to work with a partner.
Have students role play the comics to help reinforce new learning.
Provide translation of basic greetings in students' home language.
Provide examples and picture cards of basic greetings.