Subject: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
Lesson Length: 30 - 40 mins
Topic: Digital Citizenship
Grade Level: 4, 5
Standards / Framework:
Brief Description: In this lesson, students will describe a beneficial way to utilize the Internet and/or social media that impacts the greater good.
Know Before You Start: It helps for students to be familiar with different ways the internet is used.
- Read and discuss the sample comic.
- How can technology be used to help others?
- How can the internet or social media be used to impact our community for good?
- Using the sample comic as a guide, have students create a two-to-three-panel comic explaining how they can use the Internet or social media in a way that benefits their community e.g., spread messages of positivity or kindness, an environmental campaign, charitable work, etc.
- Have students share and discuss their comics with the class or in pairs.
- Allow students to use the speech-to-text feature.
- Allow students to work in pairs or groups as needed.
- Provide sentence frames as needed.